Paragard is an Intra-Uterine Device (IUD) birth control device made from copper. Paragard is a non-hormonal IUD that is implanted during a doctor’s visit. Plaintiffs allege that the Paragard T 380A IUD is a defective contraceptive. There have been 55 Paragard IUD actions now consolidated in Georgia’s Northern District.
Injuries may include:
- IUD breaking upon removal
- IUD falling out of the uterus
- IUD mitigation to other parts of the body
- Ectopic pregnancy
- The IUD becoming embedded in the uterus
- Inflammation and/or allergic reaction due to copper left in the body
- Perforation of the uterine wall or cervix
- Scarring and/or damage to other organs
- Fractured uterine cavity
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries from a Paragard copper IUD, please call the experts at Inserra Kelley Sewell to see whether you might be entitled to compensation.